Sunday, November 30, 2008

Things Moms Have


As I go about my day I am realizing that I am slowly morphing into a "real" mom. As far as mom stereotypes go, I haven't fit into too many in the last year and a half considering the fact that I take a shower every morning, get dressed in something other than a velour sweatsuit, and still DON'T drink coffee. However, I realize there are other areas in which I have recently succumb to this new title:

1. I now collect buttons for the purpose of future use (not including replacing a missing button.) I buy a new shirt and I put the buttons in the button box. Will loves to play with them!

2. My cupboards now include a constant supply of flour, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, etc. All those things needed to make chocolate chip cookies at the drop of a hat!

3. While I do shower every day, I have definitely acquired a day look and a night look. Who needs make-up during the day and why waste the time doing my hair when I'm only going to the grocery store?

4. I have the ability to vacuum at all inappropriate times disturbing train time and sports. Oops.

And I'm sure there are many more. I still go out at night and have downsized from a diaper bag to a large purse, but there is no denying the inevitable any longer.

In other news, Adam, Will and I went to New Hampshire this weekend and chopped down our Christmas tree. It was a true NH experience, complete with introductions including the town preacher and the fire chief as well as a ride for Will on the farm tractor in the farmers lap..no seat belt, no signed waiver....as they say in NH, live free or die!

** Note: My last post about time-out includes a picture of Will sitting in the refrigerator. This was just a cute picture I had taken that day and it is not where Will spends his time out :-)

1 comment:

Story said...

I think you've delayed the inevitable much longer than I have!