Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bye & Pie

Finished pie and clean baby!
Tubby time!
Makin pie
So far October has been a great month. This past weekend, Pete & Janelle got married so all my best friends from Gordon came in for the wedding. It was a weekend filled with fun and parties! The wedding itself was beautiful and New England cooperated by granting the happy couple its finest fall weather. After lots of good-byes and several trips to the airport, I returned home this afternoon and realized the weekend I had been looking forward to for so long was over. I decided to make something sweet to cheer myself up...how about Apple Pie?

Anyone that lives in New England between the months of September and November goes apple picking at least once. This year, Will had the chance to go three times! As you can imagine...I have quite a few apples. In the past, I have had difficultly cooking with Will. He loves attention..like most toddlers...and anything that takes longer than 5 minutes in the microwave is way too long. But considering my melancholy state...I was determined. I decided to cook WITH Will. This turned out to be a genius idea.

I sat his half dressed body up on the counter top and pulled out all the ingredients. Will took a bite of every apple that went into the pie while I peeled, cored, and cut them. Then we mixed the flour, sugar, and spices, which Will tried first by dipping an apple slice in and then his finger...and then another finger. After putting the crust on and placing it in the oven...he took a bath. I can't believe I didn't think of this before. Will is fascinated by the whole cooking process and its so much easier to involve him than work around him. I can't wait to make something fun tomorrow.

Dawsons, Hutchinsons, and Russells...this pie was inspired by your leaving me...so come back and have a slice. Miss you all!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

That pie looks gorgeous! How'd it taste?

brianahutch said...

so cute! I want some!!

About Me said...

The pie was so delicious..Martha Stewart meets New England.

Mrs. Strong said...

Did YOU bake the pie????