Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Fall is in full swing around here (with the exception of the 80 degree weather yesterday) and the leaves are even changing color! It's my favorite season because it means beginnings. I always loved packing up all my brand new school supplies...the newly sharpened pencils and fresh sheets of notebook paper...and embarking on an adventure to meet new people and learn new things.

Even though I am 25 this year and well out of school, this fall has been no exception. With three months of stay-at-home mom status under my belt, I have signed Will and I up for lots of fun activities. I thought I would take a moment to write about my new favorite...gymnastics!

I was skeptical of the whole toddler gymnastics thing at first...so before forking over the $350 fee for the weekly class, we participated in a free trial. When we arrived at the gym it was exactly what I expected...lots of gym equipment that was super padded and colorful. But the class was so much more! We start in circle time (which Will often doesn't participate in because there is so much to look at). Then we bring out the big parachute (which he loves!) and the air trap/moonbounce. Next, mommies and babies explore all the fun equipment and each week the instructor introduces a new skill. We all return to circle at the end where the kids play with balls and bubbles!

I would really recommend the class to anyone looking for something stimulating and entertaining for both mommy and baby. I know they offer them in a lot of different states. Will has already learned how to do a somersault, is beginning to jump, and does "tippy toes". I can't wait to go next week!

Note: I don't have any pictures of us at gymnastics because I haven't had the chance to take any..but I have included a picture of Will on what was probably our last trip to the beach last week.

2 comments:

brianahutch said...

do you go to the little gym!?!? howie almost worked there! I hope Will can show me his new moves when I see you guys in a couple of weeks!!xoxo

brianahutch said...

ps. I can't wait till there is a blog post titled..."I show Bri what it's like to be a North Shore Hot Mama..."