Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lunch Date


This weekend has turned out to be very busy. Besides digging myself out of the laundry pile from vacation/Will's snotty clothes from his runny nose, Will had his first swim lesson on Saturday. The YMCA was packed with swim lessons and gymnastics and basketball and everything else. It was a little overwhelming but I quickly changed Will and we made it to the pool just in time. Adam was actually home and agreed to do the lesson with Will since a parent has to participate and I have yet to purchase a one piece bathing suit. (I just don't think I should swim at the pool at the Y in a two piece...I feel weird). So anyway..there were about 5 other kids in the class..all boys and one girl. Will hasn't been in the pool since this summer so I was a little nervous.

At first..all he wanted to do was sit on the edge and kick his feet around in the water. But then he got really into it. He did all the skills the instructor showed him and he had the best time! Will learned to kick, paddle with the noodle, and pass the ball. He even blew bubbles in the water. The other kids weren't quite sure what to make of the whole thing and the little girl screamed the entire half hour and her mom wouldn't take her out of the pool! I'm pretty sure she is scarred for life. She probably won't ever swim again. But Will on the other hand, talked about swimming for the rest of the day and we can't wait to take him again next week!

Today turned out to be a really snowy day and Adam had to work. I decided instead of being cooped up in the house again...I would dig out the car and we would go out to lunch. I bundled Will up, put him in the car and quickly brushed off the car. I decided not to use the shovel and just turned on the four wheel drive instead and we got out pretty easily. We went to Panera (which was packed!) and I ordered a sandwich with the most meat and a small fruit cup. I took 1/4 of the meat off and snagged a few free bread samples and made Will his own little sandwich. We sat by the window and watched all the snow plows go by. It was pretty fun and sure beats just hanging out in the house! The snow is pretty..but I'm getting a little sick of it. Only eight more weeks until Florida!

1 comment:

brianahutch said...

ho fun! he's so grown up! oh and you can def wear a two piece at the bev Y. I used to when I took mikey...now there's a scene!