Thursday, January 29, 2009

All in a Days Work

I should have known it was going to be a crazy day when I was woken up at 5:30am by Will who peed the bed. No..we are not toilet training yet. My son just seems to have crazy amounts of pee and when he starts peeing through a diaper...I realize its time to run out to the store and buy the next size up. So I made a note to myself to do that...

Not long after I tried to put on Sesame Street for Will (he LOVES elmo) so I could make a phone call to church concerning a conference I am organizing this Saturday. Not only did the tv decide to not work..but my phone call was spent with Will crawling all over my body and the constant..."can you hear me now?" because my phone decided to stop working too.

After that call...Adam rang from the hospital to say that he left his cell at home. He needs this during work because he keeps medical search engines on his blackberry that he references in his ER...so I bundled Will up and made the 20 minute trek out and back to Melrose and saw him for about one second.

After that I decided to go to the gym...I needed some alone time. This went pretty well and we got home just in time for lunch and I even remembered to swing by the library and return our now over due books. While Will napped I was supposed to be doing gobs and gobs of reading for my class..but of course I fell alseep on the couch exhausted and missed the opportunity.

Once Will woke up I took him out the grocery store. As soon as we got in the store..Will announced that he had pooped. He is getting really good at this letting me know when he craps his pants thing. (Sometimes he confuses it with gas..but rarely). So I didn't even have to check his diaper or sniff the air to know that he was telling the truth. Caught without a diaper, I shopped as fast as I could...and apparently as expensively..some grocery bill!

When we got him I made three trips to the car to unload the groceries while Will spent time unpacking them and taking everything out of the bags. This is sometimes helpful and seems to keep him busy. I knew he was starving so I preheated the oven for the delicious frozen pizzas we were having. On my third trip into the house...Adam informs me via text that his patient has coded and died. This doesn't happen to often to him..usually to a doctor..and he was pretty upset about it. So we texted back and forth while I tried to console him meanwhile putting the pizzas in the oven.

Well turns out I wasn't much help to Adam...he still seemed pretty upset in the end...and I put a pizza right on the rack that wasn't supposed to go right on the rack and fell through the oven creating a disgusting and hot mess. So much for dinner. At least Will was unpacking the groceries....and spilling the box of Kixx cereal all over the floor!

It has just been one of those days that I wish I had a few more hands and a few more minutes. Tonight I have to spend the time on the classwork I didn't do..and I have to clean...lots of visitors coming! I never used to care because everyday is really the same to me....but thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!!

No comments: